Dudley, West Midlands
£8.91 per hour + a responsibility allowance and benefits
5/4/2021 12:00:00 AM
Wickes is more than just the nation’s favourite DIY store. It’s a place where we’ll ask for your ideas, listen to your opinions and value the contributions you make. Chances are you’ve never experienced anything quite like our culture. All our colleagues come from different backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a determination to succeed and a passion for being the best we can be. If that sounds like you, we’ll make you feel right at home.
- Lead the store, in the store/Operations manager's absence.
- Support the wider management team in ensuring, key control measures and security practices in-store are managed in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies at all times. Employee and customer safety is always your first priority.
- Completion of store routines document; ensure the store is trading legally and safely and that customers' needs are met. Dealing with any enquiries and complaints as appropriate.
- Daily management of colleagues including; providing day-to-day supervision of colleagues including motivation, welfare, arranging appropriate staffing levels, and supporting recruitment, induction, and training & development in line with company policies, ensuring all procedures are followed.
- Work with the store leadership team to ensure the whole store operates effectively. To support the achievement of sales and cost targets set for the shop.
- At all times; take care of your health and safety and that of others by complying with health and safety obligations, and reporting promptly any defects, risks, or potential hazards.
You will have experience in running the show in a fast-paced customer facing environment and be someone who can handle the variety that each day at Wickes brings. You will be highly organised with a passion for ensuring our customers receive the best service we can deliver, all whilst inspiring and leading your team.
What we can offer you...
As well as a very competitive salary, monthly bonus and a wide range of benefits including a 20% discount, we believe in helping our colleagues build their careers with Wickes. Therefore, we will ensure you are given the right training and skills to run your own store when the time comes. We offer Industry-leading apprenticeship programmes that are open to everyone as well as development programmes to help you progress and ensure your customers and colleagues leave with a big smile.
Fresh off the shelf