Our Pride Network was set up to make sure all of our LGBTQ+ colleagues feel at home at Wickes and have the same career opportunities as everyone else in our business. We have made huge progress over the last few years and we have exciting plans for the future
We work together to really make a difference for our LGBTQ+ colleagues and to make sure that every identity within the community is represented, supported and feel able to be their true selves.
We aim to educate, celebrate, challenge and support right across our business. Creating a safe space for the community - to feel safe in sharing their stories and their lived experiences... there is nothing more exciting for us than seeing people truly flourish.
As we partner with Stonewall as a Diversity Champion, we have a really clear plan of attack, and our activity spans right across the business from policies and benefits, supplier engagement, Leadership activity, and even our customer journeys. There’s always room for improvement, so our plan focuses on driving lasting change for the community within Wickes and for our customers.
We are proud of the progress we have made so far:
- We are partnered with stonewall and have been accredited as a Gold Employee as part of their Top 100 LGBTQ+ inclusive businesses program
- In 2021 we were a Top 10 LGBT Employer at the British LGBT awards
- In 2022, Ben Jackson became a Top 10 Inspirational Leader at the British LGBT Awards
- In 2022, Ben Jackson became a Diversity Role model as part of the Diversity in Retail program
- In 2019 we introduced our Transitioning at Work Policy and have further enhanced this in 2022 with a Trans Toolkit.
- In 2019 we introduced our Ally Program and now have well over 200 LGBTQ+ Allies in the business. The program was created by the network to support all non lgbtq+ colleagues in learning the issues that the community face and what they can do to make a positive difference
- We have influenced the business to ensure that all new stores and refits are provided with gender neutral facilities and a wellbeing room
It’s really easy to get involved with the network. When you join our business you’ll get a link to join any of the various I&D network Google Spaces. From there you can read all what’s going on for the LGBTQ+ community and learn how to get involved, whether that’s signing up to become an ally, or getting involved in our activities and events.