You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Software Development Manager - WEB
- You will need a strong technical background, leadership skills, and a strategic mindset to ensure the platform's success, performance, and alignment with business objectives.
- You’ll be able to think outside the box, and own the technical health of the web platform, nurturing the performance, optimisation and delivery of technical projects as well as implementing and maintaining best practices for web development, including selecting appropriate technologies, frameworks, and tools.
- You’re comfortable with terms like CWV, SSR/SSG, PWA, WCAG, CORS, HTTP and concepts such as modularisation, load balancing, distributions and DAST/SAST.
- With solid, effective communication, you will be able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders within the business, including business users, project managers, executives, and cross functional departments.
- With a proven track record in leading and motivating software development teams, 3rd parties both onshore and offshore.
- Previous project management skills would be advantageous for you to be able to plan, organise, and coordinate projects, experience with agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban would be beneficial.
- A historical view of the background of web technologies, we have an old monolith platform that needs an overhaul. An appreciation of older technologies (JSP/ASP etc) would also help!
- A healthy passion for what goes on “under the hood” is beneficial, knowing how the web works to a deeper level than just what we see through Browsers and apps. Experience with developing for cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and CI/CD into containerization technologies
- A critical thinker, strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- You’ll have great interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships at all levels and be able to influence the direction of the web platform.
- Competitive package including an annual bonus and car allowance
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension and Life Assurance
- Flexible Hybrid working (2-3 days in Watford)
- Save-as-you-earn scheme
- Colleague discount
- Discount platform including savings and cash back at numerous retailers, savings on gym membership, cycle to work scheme
We are sorry but we currently have no roles in this area but we are always updating our latest roles so please check back again.
Otherwise have a look at some of the amazing work our colleagues are doing and what you can look forward to when you join us.